Below are guidelines and resources provided by Shentel.
TEMPORARY SPEED INCREASE
- In an effort to meet the needs of our customers during this time we are temporarily increasing the speed of every eligible broadband data customer to a minimum speed tier of 50Mbps.
- In addition, data allowances will be raised by 250 GB for all Internet customers.
- This is being done in response to the expected increase in data use as schools and businesses are promoting work and study from home policies. This will take effect immediately and will remain in effect through June 30, 2020.
Protecting Customers and Employees
Designated as an “essential service provider”, Shentel is to remain open and continue providing its services. By doing so we have a responsibility to our employees, our customers and our communities. To promote health and safety, Shentel is taking the following precautions:
- Self-Install Procedures. We have implemented a safer way to install new services, and are rescheduling complex installations in order to avoid unnecessary contact for both the customer and employee. For more information on the new process, please click here.
- Social Distancing. We are enforcing social distancing across the business by maintaining a distance of six (6) feet in our retail locations and when working in the field.
- Remote Contact. Customers are encouraged to contact us remotely by calling our Customer Service line (1-800-SHENTEL) and using our website www.shentel.com for bill payments and questions.
- Advance Contact for Field Calls. Our Customer Service and Field Operations teams are working together to speak with customers before technicians head out to residences and businesses, ensuring no one in the location has displayed symptoms of illness or traveled to COVID-19 Hot Spots within the last 14 days.
- Cleaning Efforts. The frequency and intensity of cleaning efforts at all locations has been increased.