Below you will find an overview of some of Comcast COVID-19 initiatives.
- Comcast $9.95/month Internet Essentials program for low-income students and free access to our 1.5 million public WiFi hotspots to anyone who needs them, including non-customers.
- Internet Essentials offers low-cost, high-speed Internet service for $9.95 a month plus tax
- Internet Essentials is offering 60 days of free service to new customers through the end of the year
- Free access to 1.5 million WiFi hotspots through the end of the year – map can be found online at www.xfinity.com/wifi
- Comcast, along with several of the Chamber’s other telecommunications members, has committed to extending the Federal Communications Commission’s Keep Americans Connected pledge through the end of June. As part of this pledge, they have committed to not terminate service to any residential or small business customers, waive any late fees, and open Wi-Fi hotspots in businesses and outdoor locations for anyone who needs them.
- Comcast Business has extended their commitment to waive late fees for customers, not disconnect Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Mobile, or Xfinity Voice services for customers who are unable to pay due to COVID-19, and pause data limits.
- Provide free Xfinity Wifi by setting up Xfinity Wifi hotspots in business and outdoor locations across the country, even non-Xfinity internet subscribers. The company announced it will extend free access to its 1.5 million public Xfinity WiFi hotspots to anyone who needs them, including non-customers, through the end of 2020. Map of Xfinity hotspots.
- Partnered with NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises to provide a $50,000 grant to the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) — America’s largest Hispanic business organization, to support Hispanic-owned businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Developed a business webinar series aimed at helping businesses, of all sizes and across all industries, navigate the current environment, including strategies on how to rethink their short- and long-term goals and leverage technology to remain productive and nimble with their operations.
- Providing free educational resources, in partnership with Common Sense Media, to support remote learning for k-12 students.
- Internet Essentials 60 days of free Internet service extended through 2020
- Comcast announced we will continue to provide 60 days of free Internet service to new, eligible Internet Essentials customers. The offer was originally set to expire on June 30 and will now be available through the end of this year.
- The program, which offers low-cost, high-speed Internet service for $9.95 a month plus tax, also provides multiple options to access free digital skills training in print, online, and in person.
- In addition, customers have the option to purchase a low-cost Internet-ready computer. Applicants can go to: www.internetessentials.com using any web-connected device, including mobile phones.
More information can be found on their COVID-19 Response Center