Dominion Energy is partnering with the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Foundation to temporarily expand its EnergyShare program to assist those small businesses impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic. Dominion Energy Virginia is pledging $500,000 to help provide energy bill relief for small businesses, nonprofits, and houses of worship in its Virginia service territory. The program funding will be covered by shareholders and will not impact customer rates. Qualified businesses may be eligible to receive one-time assistance with their past due Dominion Energy electric bill balances up to $1,000.
APPLICATION PERIOD NOW OPEN! (Link to Application Below)
- Must be a for-profit business owned and independently operated, a non-profit with 501(c)(3) status, or house of worship
- Must have a past due Dominion Energy electric bill
- Have an annual electric bill amount of $15,000 or less based on 2019
- Must be licensed to do business in Dominion Energy’s service territory with an active, business account separate from personal account(s)
- Certify business has loss of revenue due to Coronavirus
- Employ 50 or fewer people as of January 1, 2020
- Franchises or other business arrangements in which utility accounts are maintained by a parent company
- Government-owned business entities (except for businesses owned or controlled by a Native American Tribe)
- A business principally engaged in rental property by residential, commercial, or industrial tenants
HOW TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
- Before submitting an application, please review the eligibility requirements above
- The application can be downloaded HERE.
- The applicant must submit their completed and e-signed application via e-mail to Foundation@vachamber.com for review. Applications MUST be submitted with a file name that lists the numerical date and organization name. Ex: 09.01.20 Virginia Chamber Foundation
- Upon submission of the application, the applicant will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the materials. Notification of the assistance decision will be made via e-mail within 14 business days.
- The application period will remain open until the funds allocated to the program are exhausted. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.