|The Safety and Health Codes Board of the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry has developed a new emergency regulation, as directed by Governor Northam, that creates additional requirements for Virginia employers related to workplace safety due to COVID-19. The Board was also tasked with considering public comments that were offered during the brief 10-day window. |
Over 3,300 comments were submitted to the Board for consideration. Over the last three weeks, the Board has met several times to discuss the proposed regulation, review the public comments, and develop necessary amendments. On July 15, these discussions concluded, and the Board submitted the final emergency regulation for implementation.
On Tuesday, July 28 the Virginia Chamber and featured experts discussed the final regulation and its impact on Virginia businesses.
Courtney Malveaux, Principal, JacksonLewis and Member of the Safety and Health Codes Board of the Virginia Department of Labor and Industry. Former Commissioner, Virginia Department of Labor & Industry (2010-2013.)
Robert Bohannon, Director of Government Affairs, Hunton Andrews Kurth. Robb has more than ten years of experience representing companies and trade associations in the health care, economic development, and high tech industries in federal and state politics.
VIEW THE WEBINAR HERE
Note: The information contained in this webinar and related materials are not intended to constitute advice of any kind or rendering of consultation services. The opinions expressed in the webinar are those of the authors.
Courtney Malveaux’s Presentation
Robb Bohannon’s Presentation
Note: The below resources have been taken directly from the Department of Labor and Industry (DOLI) website. The Virginia Chamber does not take ownership of any of the below materials and information. Questions concerning the below information should be directed to DOLI – firstname.lastname@example.org; (804) 371-2327.
- Outreach, Education And Training For The COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard, 16VAC25-220
- Text of Regulation
- Training Certification Form (Note: this link will direct you to the DOLI Resource Center where this form can be found)
- Nine Steps to Achieve COVID-19 ETS Compliance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Training Presentation
- Hazard Assessment (Note: this link will direct you to the DOLI Resource Center where this information can be found)
- Infectious Disease Plan Template (Note: this link will direct you to the DOLI Resource Center where this information can be found)
- Lower Risk Training
- Toolbox Talks